I tried to show a level of quality by showing my stitching and keeping it neat and clean, as can be seen in the close up picture of the shirt.I chose to accent her black skirt with a black belt and a black headband, each of which are accented with pink stitching. I realized that the doll would have been primarily in black, which would not have represented her well.
Thankfully, I decided to leave the hair alone until it was almost done! Dom's wife just recently got a hair cut with short bangs, and not the sweeping ones she had previously. Thus the headband helped to hide the massive part that developed when I pulled the hair forward to cut it into bangs. I also had fun adding some extra details including a little diamond ring on her left hand. Next is to add the "Coraline" details to the face including some big, creepy black 4-hole buttons for eyes and perhaps a wide pink smile and thin dark eyebrows.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your opinion! We're all here to make our community great.